11.30.2006

Theme Week 13: Vignettes

I never expect him to remember those things, my quirks. Day and night I never thought he paid that much attention. He never shows it.

Maybe my mind is the problem? I have a selective perception framework sometimes. Emotions tend to get in the way a good amount of the time when I'm trying to focus on rational thought.

I looked out of the corner of my eye, still hurt and dissapointed, watching his arms move with the steering wheel as we turned on to Stillwater. Despite my boredom I felt no desire to argue but to just be miserable, as I always do. Confrontation isn't my strong point, but it's also not a weakness. I guess you could say it depends on the situation.

His voice remained shrill and demanding, in a concerned sort of tone. His worry and curiosity for my current state of mind was intermixed with anger, and I felt sorry for him. I felt pity for the things I make him feel; Though sometimes it's a wonderful time.

College has brought me to extreme boredom with my life. The lack of freedom gives me resentment for every minute spent not doing what I want, I think to myself how it will be when it's overwith, and then I'm overwhelmed with the spitting image of an hourglass floating in front of my frontal lobe. The incessant 'tick tick' of my biological clock is saying, "too bad, you wasted your youth and it's gonna be too late tomorrow to play".

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

You're looking for a self-portrait here? Try again, concentrate on the scene inside the car, limit the variables, focus. I think the best way to self-describe in this material is simply to describe the other person with those little annotations like "His worry and curiosity for my current state of mind was intermixed with anger, and I felt sorry for him. I felt pity for the things I make him feel;"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home